Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Applesauce Cake

So this is absolutely my favorite bread in the whole world. It is the singular food I look forward to during the holidays. It is my great grandmother's recipe that has lasted because it is just that good! Hope you enjoy!

Gram’s Applesauce Cake
½ cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. baking soda
½ cup raisins
2 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground cloves
Maraschino cherries
¼-1/2 cup chopped nuts

Cream butter, adding sugar gradually and blend in applesauce to which baking soda has been added. Stir in raisins. Add dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Stir in ½ bottle maraschino cherries (drained) and turn into a prepared pan (Crisco and flour coating). Bake in 350°F oven for about 45 mins.

Just to let you know, Hopefully within the next couple weeks I will have a fabulous looking recipe for lemon cupcakes coming up (with pictures)! Now that my first year of college is behind me, I will have more time to cook and bake! Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment