Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

French Toast Sunday

Yesterday was my parent's 29th anniversary and since nobody was home yesterday, I made French toast this morning.  On  my way home from school Friday, there is a very small bread shop, all made in a house (I know; people still do that?!).  Anyway, she has all sorts of different kinds of bread and though I know her cinnamon raisin bread is to DIE for, I wanted to try something new.  Walking into the bread shop was like walking into heaven.  I would pay big for my own house to smell like that.  Perfect air freshener.  I spot exactly what I was looking for.  She has the mini loaves sitting there temptingly on her shelf.  Besides the cinnamon raisin, plain, and asiago cheese, there was maple walnut as well as cranberry orange; both of which I got.  Might as well have variety!
So! They turned out wonderfully and I think the overall favorite was the maple walnut bread.  It just seemed to work better with the maple syrup... I'm thinking next time I may try making a fruit syrup like cranberry maybe?  Anybody have any good recipes for that?

Made the trek back up to school and all I want to do is sleep for the next week or so.  Trying to battle the startings of a cold.  I'm hoping that if I will it away, it will just leave...I'll let you know if that works.

Hope youhad a relaxing Sunday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment