Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes

It is fall and although I really cannot get enough fall flavors, I had to go for some old fashioned blueberry pancakes today.  After a brief search I found this recipe and did a tweak or two to it.  They were AMAZING.  I have never had a fluffier pancake. Ever. Period. So I decided to make these and it was my plan to take a few pictures and to finally get some photos of my food on here, but alas, no such luck.  They were gone before I had even finished cooking them.  So!  Here's the recipe:

2 eggs, separated
1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed

In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Beat egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl and add milk and melted butter. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients; mix until batter is smooth and stir in blueberries. Fold in beaten egg whites. Bake on hot greased griddle. Serve with warm maple syrup. 
For big crowds, I suggest a double batch!
It actually called for three tablespoons of butter, but I only had about one and wasn't going to the grocery store until later so I just added two teaspoons of oil and it was still delicious and probably not needing of the extra.  You could also make these any kind by substituting the blueberries for chocolate chips, apples, cinnamon chips etc. Anything works! 

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the long weekend!  Perfect pancakes to make on a day off!  Sometime soon, I'll also be posting recipes for a wonderful pie crust to go with an awesome blueberry apple pie.  It's actually in the oven right now :) See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment